WORKSHOPS, CLASSES, SEMINARS
I run workshops, classes and seminars for children, young people and adults about literature, languages and comics. Below is a list of recent activities. I also prepare tailored workshops and seminars for specific audiences and like collaborating with artists to explore creativity even further. Get in touch if you'd like to talk more.
Je dirige des ateliers, des séminaires et je donne des cours pour les enfants, les jeunes et les adultes autour des thèmes de la littérature, des langues et de la BD. Vous trouverez ci-dessous une liste de mes activités. Je prépare également des ateliers sur mesure en fonction des publics. N'hésitez pas à me contacter pour plus d'infos.
- Écrire Asli (in French) - Creative translation and writing workshop around Aslı Erdoğan's stories, Bibliothèque Hergé in Brussels, 14 January 2017.
- Spectacular Translation Machine, Europalia.Turkey, Brussels.
- 28 & 31 October 2015 @ Muntpunt, Brussels
- 05 December 2015 @ Librairie Le Wolf, Brussels
- 16 January 2016 @ PointCulture, Brussels
> Read more about the Spectacular Translation Machine.
- City in Translation at the Multilingual Creativity Lab, Free Word Centre, 30 November 2015.
- Translation as Resistance, Plenary Lecture at City University London, 1 October 2015.
- Translation and Poetry workshop around Karin Karakaşlı’s work, Poetry Translation Centre London, 30 September 2015.
- "Comics are made everywhere. By and for everyone", University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 12 and 13 May 2015.
- Introduction à la littérature turque, journée de formation pour les Bibliothèques de Bruxelles, 19 Janvier 2015.
- Seminar on translation and comics, University City London (MA programme in translating popular culture), 27 November 2014.
- Seminar on translation and comics, University City London (MA programme in translating popular culture), London, 28 November 2013.
- Translation and Poetry workshop around Karin Karakaşlı’s work, Poetry Translation Centre London, 26 June 2013.
- Turkish storytelling workshop for children, Discover Storytelling Centre, London, 22 June 2013.
- Translation workshops for children and adults at The Spectacular Translation machine during the Southbank Centre International Literature Festival in London, 26 and 27 May 2013.
- Series of workshop We have a Voice! on storytelling and comics in three Islington schools, delivered in collaboration with comics artist Karrie Fransman between March and May 2013. The students we've been working with then presented their work at the Free Word Centre, 23 May 2013.
- Translation and Poetry workshop around Karin Karakaşlı’s work, Poetry Translation Centre London, 13 March 2013.
- “Working at an international level: a workshop for comics artists, writers and cultural practitioners from the MED region”, FIBDA (International Comics Festival of Algiers), Algeria, 8-13 October 2012. (Workshop animator)